+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Integrate to Windows Explorer shell

I'd really really love the option to right-click on a folder (or a bunch of files) and choose "create SFV file". Another shell integration I'd love to see is right-clicking an a folder and the being able to choose "Check SFV file/files". That's the only two things left from the hkSFV era that's missing!

Like a first, great tool, Jud, thanks! I appreciate Your work!

My question is: Why integration into Windows Explorer shell doesn't work on Windows XP? Can You, please, check for this and fix that?

Also, I know for something like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\ilSFV]
    @="Check with ilSFV"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\ilSFV\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ilSFV\\ilSFV.exe\" \"%1\""
    But, this is only for checking checksums, there is no option to create .sfv, .md5 or .sha files directly ....?

Also, is it possible to run ilSFV from command line with some parameters (for example, to create .md5 or something similar)? If there will be such option, then it will not be mandatory to implement integration to Context Menu!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Stole

I've registered to this forum only to ask why a so cool project is so slow to progress. The only lack of this app is the context menu, for the rest it's perfect. I'm a registry tweaker and I've tried everything possible to enable the dll ShellEx to HKCR and other solutions generally used by other apps such as Notepad++, 7-Zip or Antivirus. It would be possible to do something like a [HKCR\*\shell\Create MD5 checksum\commands] command to launch but, as previously requested by Condor06, we'ld need a command-line made available for this solution to be realistic. Something like "ilSFV.exe -md5 %1" or "ilSFV.exe /sfv " "%1" would be great.
    Does someone here think it should be available in a future (but not too far) version ? ;-)

Thanks to the author for passing a lot of his time to develop this software. All the requests here show you that your work is appreciated for what it worth but also make you the victim of your own success, hehe.

A page that could be a source of inspiration, not sure but at least give it a look:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...-Extension-DLL

Source code and dependencies are provided at the bottom of the page.

The best hkSFV alternatives today are HashCheck Shell Extension. Followed by Md5Checker and IgorWare Hasher.

I hope to add ilSFV on top of this list soon, at least when it will also manage files instead of folders only and when context menu will be fixed. I hope that any other dev would give you some help if you have not the time yourself. After all, it's one of the open-source goals.

I've registered to this forum only to ask why a so cool project is so slow to progress
    Day job (and night job).

The only lack of this app is the context menu, for the rest it's perfect. I'm a registry tweaker and I've tried everything possible to enable the dll ShellEx to HKCR and other solutions generally used by other apps such as Notepad++, 7-Zip or Antivirus. It would be possible to do something like a [HKCR\*\shell\Create MD5 checksum\commands] command to launch but, as previously requested by Condor06, we'ld need a command-line made available for this solution to be realistic. Something like "ilSFV.exe -md5 %1" or "ilSFV.exe /sfv " "%1" would be great.
    ilsfv.exe /create [sfv|md5|sha1] path [path2] [path3] ...
    ilsfv.exe /verify filename [filename2] [filename3] ...

Thanks.

Thank you Jud for this infos and for havin' taken the time to answer. I'm not sure of how to adapt correctly this command-lines to the registry syntax but I will do some tests then will post the results here... I could do nothing for having one main menu with sub-menus as a Shell dll, but at least some commands could be directly accessible through context-menu for all filetypes. Will do my best, surely during the next week-end.

me too, hope it will be solved

Well, I just upgraded to Windows 8 and wouldn't you know it, I can't get the following shell functionality back. Worked fine for me through my stint with Windows 7, but now whenever I right click on a folder containing an .sfv file and select "Check with ilSFV" from the context menu, I'm greeted with the following Windows error message:

"This file does not have a file associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I can click OK and the window disappears. I know where file associations in Windows 8 are controlled and I double-checked to ensure that .sfv files were properly associated with ilSFV.exe. They are, so that's not the problem.

The code I was using for my .reg file was:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\ilsfv.check]
    @="Check with ilSfv"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\ilsfv.check\Command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ilsfv\\ilsfv.exe\" \"%1\""
    Maybe there's someone out there who knows what's going wrong here?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information